Thursday, February 23, 2012

Carnevale: My birthday

I survived turning 21! (with no hangover...I win!)
I took a test in one of my classes, and later in the evening we had a party for Carnevale.  Every T-R we teach English to elementary school students, so they came and we made masks with them.  Once they left we had a delicious pasta meal (spaghetti, oil, cherry tomatoes, and garlic) cooked by Franca and Carmen.  Then Franca and her sister Palmina brought out cakes for my birthday, and because it was Patrick's birthday the previous Monday we brought him up to celebrate too! The cakes were absolutely amazing!!! Franca made a cake that was covered in fresh fruit, while Palmina made a warmed ricotta cake.  After all of this there was traditional dancing, taught by Susi, one of our professors.  Then we went out to the bars.  And that's all I'll say about that.  Overall I couldn't have asked for a better birthday!
Katie's "mask"

Jill wearing a traditional Carnevale

Nate in the mask.

Patrick, Franca, myself, and Palmina

the two cakes

Tanti aguri a me, grazie mile a Franca e Palmina!

Franca and her nephew Sabino dancing


No comments:

Post a Comment